html/javascript

Photoshop How to Change Background Color

                                              Make Background Transparent

Introduction:

 Make Background Transparent you wanted to use it on your site. But it ends up having some ugly white box around your image. Well here's an easy quick fix. It's easy when you start out designing your graphics in Photoshop because you can just turn off the background layer save it and you're done right.



 But what about when you don't have that luxury. What about when you have an image that is just a JPEG file or something similar to where you're stuck with no background layer. 

You didn't design the graphic well let me show you this quick fix that might just fix the problem. When you have a white background and you have an image that contrasts very nicely like this one.


Make Background Transparent
Change Background



Feature:

Here it's really simple first thing you're gonna want to do is want to make a copy of this background layer. There's a lot of ways to do this but one simple way is just to drag it down to this little new layer box.

 Here now for images like this the magic wand tool works really well. Simply grab your tool click in the wide space you'll see all the marching ants are going all around my image very nicely.

 Now what I like to do because I kind of the instant gratification type is I'm gonna turn off my background layer. So that I can see my transparency right away when I hit the delete button that's all you have to do from here just hit delete in there.


make background transpa
Change Background


We can see the images Background Transparent just hit command on a mac or control-d on a deselect and there we have it. We have a nice transparent background now if you want to check this maybe you're unsure sometimes what I do is I'll just create a little box around my image. 


Just say a gray box just to see a lot my website actually is you know has a gray background drag this under the copy you just created.  You have it you can see that it's a transparent background. I can actually take this image and move it anywhere. 



change background


I like there's no white background so that's pretty much exactly what it's gonna look like when it's finished now. What if you have something like a logo I've got this logo here and it's a JPEG image.

 I'm stuck with this ugly white background, there's nothing I can do the well same thing. I'm gonna do the exact thing simply duplicate my layer go ahead turn off the background layer.  


make background transparent
change background


Now you can see there are a couple spaces and maybe one in between here it's really kind of hard to tell if there's anything in between here. We can easily see yes we've got a couple spots that we need to fix here so what I'm gonna do is zoom in I'm gonna just grab that tool again.


 I need to click on my background copy layer click inside the white space hit delete there we go it looks like there might be a little white left in here. 

So I'm gonna click in there yes click delete and there you go deselect command and that looks much better now we have a transparent background now the last thing you're going to want to do is to preserve this transparency is.

change background


 You're going to want to save it the correct way. Now what you're gonna want to do is chosen a file save for the web. Now if I were to save in this JPEG mode this transparency is not going to be preserved the correct way.
We want to do is you want to make sure you choose a ping that will preserve this transparency makes sure your transparency box is checked and will make sure that your image remains transparent and then you can do whatever you like with it.
 For this tutorial guys if you enjoyed please like it or give it a thumbs up you have any questions comments just drop them below this is joe from just do it images 



change background










Click here to install this app 











Post a Comment

0 Comments